ATHENA Leadership Principles
Select a tab to see traits that describe that leadership principle. For more information on each of the Leadership Principles, please click here: http://athenaaz.com/leadership-principles
- Live Authentically
- Learn Constantly
- Build Relationships
- Foster Collaboration
- Advocate Fiercely
- Act Courageously
- Stays true to self, is aligned with her values, and her behavior reflects her value-based compass
- Steps forward to serve with insight, compassion and wisdom
- Demonstrates integrity and consistent principled behavior
- Reflects on shortcomings, and seeks opportunities for improvement
- Bravely faces reality, is willing to see with clarity and discernment and stands alone if necessary
- Is aware of what makes up her identity, including warts and all
- Wise enough to understand that she does not know everything
- Passionately engages in self improvement
- Seeks learning opportunities to optimize her full potential and adversites
- Excited to explore greater or new issues and seeks ways to discover and understand
- Open and willing to explore the unknown. Wiling and able to accept what she doesn’t know. Not all knowing.
- Acts as a conduit to connect ideas, projects and people in her chosen circle of influence
- Ability to see strengths and gifts in others they may not see and connects collective talent for the greater good
- Extends herself to others personally and professionally
- Helps others discover and develop behavioral, communication, leadership, and technical skills to create, produce and persevere
- Lives by the principle that people desire to do good work in relationships with colleagues
- Honors and supports others to be fully who they can be
- Is able to see and integrate the strengths, passion and mission of two or more parties and bring them together for a unified goal
- Actively seeks partnerships, new options, methods and ideas to manifest greater results
- Becomes a Change Agent for better results and improved methods
- Encourages teamwork, transparency and building bridges across factions and silos
- Inclusive of others in visioning, strategy and problem solving.
- Acknowledges, appreciates, and recruits the contributions of others, and other organizations
- Takes a stand for what is right and leaves her mark
- Passionate in making a difference for women, and women-related causes
- Confident, competent, capable in using her beliefs and skills in a cause to achieve extraordinary results.
- Advocates for personal, professional, and community causes without fear and prejudice, engaging in crucial conversations.
- Doesn’t view roadblocks as a stopping point, but as an opportunity to find a new solution
- Creates steps to move forward in her personal, professional life that may seem difficult or unachievable
- Fearless in their quest to move forward and make a difference
- Moves through fear and confronts reality head-on for the benefit of self and others, choses not to sit on the sidelines.
- Takes appropriate action when others might hesitate, develops a plan and steps forward without looking back
- Acts purposefully, bravely in spite of perceived odds or obstacles